Skin care routines can change with the weather, and now that it is starting to get colder skin may need an extra boost to keep up its natural glow. Face masks are an easy way to get key nutrients and vitamins directly to your skin, to help with exfoliating, and to give your normal routine a rejuvenating boost.
Face masks should be applied to clean skin before moisturizer. You will likely not need to use daily, instead try once to 3 times a week.
Here are three easy to make at home recipes for face masks that that are created for a variety of skin types. By infusing Active CBD Oil you can also take advantage of anti-inflammatory properties that can boost collagen while reducing redness.
Soothing Honey Oatmeal Mask:
- Grind the oats in a coffee grinder or food processor
- Whisk together honey and CBD oil
- Mash banana and add to the honey mixture
- Stir in oats and place in refrigerator for 10 minutes
- Apply to face with fingers or brush
- Allow to sit on skin for 10-15 before rinsing
This mask is good for all skin types. The ground oats are what acts as an exfoliant, and the banana provides Vitamin C as well as acting as a bonding agent for the CBD.
Lemon Sugar Scrub Exfoliating Mask:
- Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, honey and CBD
- Gradually add brown sugar until the mixture develops a thick consistency
- Apply to face for 5 minutes before rinsing
This mask works best for those who are struggling with breakouts, redness, blackheads, or other issues. The lemon and brown sugar combination work to clear pores which allows the other ingredients to absorb more fully into the skin. Lemons have Vitamin C, citric acid, and are naturally anti-bacterial.
Avocado Moisture Mask:
- Mash avocado and stir in yogurt
- In a separate bowl whisk together honey and CBD
- Add honey mixture to the avocado mixture and set in refrigerator for 10 minutes
- Stir before applying to face
- Leave on for 10-15 minutes before rinsing
If you need extra moisture in the dry winter months this mask is the perfect fit. The avocado brings essential fatty acids that moisturize and promote healing for our skin that is easily absorbed.