One of the most common uses of CBD is for anxiety. Most people find that CBD is very subtle at treating anxiety and can be a good alternative to prescription medications because it rarely has side effects. When people do experience side effects with CBD, they are usually tolerable and not intense.
What are the benefits of using cbd for anxiety?
- Improved mood
- Improved sleep
- Less distracting thoughts
- Improved sense of well being
- Less need (or complete cessation) of using Rx antianxiety medication and thus less side effects
What are the side effects of using cbd for anxiety?Some people may find that using CBD for anxiety makes them too sleepy, sedated, or detached. Others may appreciate this effect because it helps them sleep and get a better rest.
If CBD makes you sleepy, you may want to only use it at night. CBD can have drug interactions. Please check with a doctor before starting on CBD if you use other medications. CBD will not work for everyone for anxiety. The symptom of anxiety is far too complex for there to be a “one-size-fits-all” drug to treat it with. When I am feeling anxious, CBD does not work for me. I find the effects to be too sedating and detaching. But that is me. I have seen countless examples on the internet of life changing experiences with CBD for anxiety. There are too many CBD for anxiety success stories to ignore. If you suffer from anxiety or depression and have not found success with conventional medications or supplements, CBD is definitely worth a try. It may just be the game changer you are looking for.
How does cbd work for anxiety?
The exact mechanism by which CBD helps with anxiety and depression is still under investigation. Based on the current evidence available, researchers believe that CBD’s antianxiety effects are a result of its action on the 5-HT1A receptors of the serotonergic system. CBD’s effect on anxiety may also be due to its impact on a poorly functioning endocannabinoid system. By supplementing with CBD, users may be helping their endocannabinoid system work better because CBD helps increase levels of endocannabinoids in the body.
How can I use cbd for anxiety?Most people like to either vape CBD or use a tincture for anxiety. These are the two fastest methods of ingestion. For vaping, people usually figure out the best dose for themselves through trial and error. You can just do one inhalation at a time and you will find what works best for you. For tinctures, we always recommend you start with a low dose and work your way up slowly. “Start low and go slow”. You can start with as little as 5 mg of CBD and work your way up from there. Some people find that 20 – 25 mg of CBD is a good daily dose for their anxiety symptoms. You can use CBD capsules as well. Just make sure you check the bottle for the CBD mg content of each capsule before you take it for the first time. What are good terpenes that work synergistically with CBD for anxiety? Good terpenes for treating anxiety are limonene and linalool.
What does research say on cbd for anxiety?
- In a study on public speaking anxiety, CBD worked just as well as valium but without any side effects.
- In multiple studies with animals using specific experiments for anxiety/depression such as the forced swimming test (FCT), elevated plus maze (EPM), and Vogel conflict test (VCT), results suggest that CBD exhibited an anti-anxiety and antidepressant effect on the animals in the tests.
- In a study of 10 treatment-naïve patients with SAD (social anxiety disorder), CBD was associated with significantly decreased subjective anxiety, relative to placebo
- In a study on 10 healthy male subjects, CBD decreased subjective anxiety and increased mental sedation, relative to placebo